The Club has taken many steps in order to keep all members and visitors safe during the current pandemic. We fully intend to follow all government and UK bowls organisation bodies' coronavirus laws, rules and guidelines.
Precautions from opening April 24th until June 21st.
Rules for members during the Covid-19 precautions period.
1. The greenkeeper must agree the rinks are open.
2. Only three rinks are available, rink markers will identify the rinks to use.
3. Rule of six applies, singles pairs or triples on each rink.
4. You should book your rink in the diary prior to play if possible.
5. You must note in the diary your name and contact number each time you play.
6. You should arrive ready to play if possible, except for shoe changing.
7. The changing rooms are open but only two persons may be in the room at once.
8. Members should bring their own hand sanitizer.
9. Spectators are not allowed until after 17th May, and then only outside.
10. All club kit must be sanitized by the players after use.
11. Players should leave the site after completion of their game.
12. If rain stops play the players may use the clubhouse for shelter but must wear a mask and follow social distancing rules – at least one metre apart and with a mask.
13. Players may use the clubhouse but must wear a mask indoors.
14. The toilets are open, please sanitize door handles and toilet flush after use. Sanitizing spray should be applied to the paper roll, not directly onto the handles.
15. The kitchen remains closed until at least 17th May, controls will be in place from 17th.
16. During league or competition play rinks will not be available for roll ups.
To be reviewed prior to the 21 June step four.
Until 21 June for League matches, internal matches and roll up.
1. White and yellow jacks are available, players may decide to use one jack for each team. Only lead players should handle the jack.
2. Mats will be marked A and B at each end. Teams need to decide which end their team will handle. Extra mats are available if wanted.
3. Only spray chalk can be used to mark the bowls.
4. Measuring should be done by one nominated player only.
5. At the end of play all kit used should be sanitized and returned to the clubhouse.
6. Players are advised to bring their own bottled water if required.
7. Rinks are available initially to book from 11:30 until 5:00 and from 6:00 to 9:00 unless required for league matches.
8. After 17th May the umbrella matches will start at 10:30am on Fridays.
A. The visiting team Captain must enter their name and contact number in the club diary.
B. The Marquee will be used for visiting male players to change and leave bags.
C. Visiting ladies may use the clubhouse ladies changing room.
D. Smoking is only permitted in the signed smoking area.
E. Players using the facilities must sanitize handles after use.
F. Masks will be required inside the clubhouse.
G. Refreshments will not be available until at least 21st June.